Monday, July 30, 2012
Hi my friends! Here's the ole bumpa lump at 34 weeks! It seems to really have popped out in the last week as the baby makes a major growth spurt! Here's a few things that have been happening:
-We had our final ultrasound that confirmed the placenta has moved off my cervix and we can safely birth at home.
- The midwife says the baby is measuring at a perfect pace and she is already facing down locked in my pelvis ready for takeoff! Yikes!
- Milk has been leaking out of my boobies. Wierd and kinda scary. Actually sorta glad it's happening early so I can get used to seeing it a little at a time until the flood gates open.
- I've gained 26 pounds to date and am officially over the recommended weight gain for my BMI during pregnancy by 1 pound. Apparently I am set to gain 1 pound per week in the last little bit of pregnancy so that kinda sucks. Maybe I should have laid off the ice cream?! Too late now! Mauhahahahhahaha!
-Hormonal surges come and go but it's the tiredness that is really taking over right now. So far I have been waking up at 9am and then am back in bed twice during the day for 3 hours naps. This is good right? Cause once the baby is here I will never sleep again? Ever?
I love you guys. I am off to try and finish the nursery so I can take pics and show you soon!
Love and Hugs
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Anyone else out there delievered their babies in water or at home for that matter? I'd love to hear!
Love and Hugs
Monday, July 9, 2012
Hi guys! Here's the belly on our 1st wedding anniversary last friday all dressed up for dinner. She cleans up well don't cha think? ;)
What's been happening in the last little bit:
-We just moved into our new place and got internet finally so I am back in the loop my friends! Also means lots of house projects are on the go and needed to get completed before the butterball arrives. And at 7months pregnant that can be friggin exhausting. Good thing I've got a great team of Husband, Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister in law, nephew and doggie to help out.
- Being pregnant during Ontario summer heat waves is making me seriously begging the baby to come early. Not too early but earlier you know what I mean girls? I'm eating 14 popsicles a day at this point. Where's my good ole fashioned Nova Scotian non-summer when I need it!
- Got a proper pregnancy pillow called the Leachco Snoogle. Whatever dumb name, the thing works! However Vince is less than impressed, he said I whacked him in the head with it yesterday in the middle of the night. HA!
-Listening to my birth affirmations on repeat these days. My favs are, "My mind and body are calm" (yeah right!) & "I put all fear aside as I prepare for the birth of my baby" (Geeze I wish!) & "I surrender my birthing to my body and my baby" (What the?!) . We'll see how well those work when I am in over controller/panic stricken lady mode! Hoping for a miricale over here!
Love and Hugs my dearest friends! I miss and love you deeply!