Monday, July 19, 2010

Portion Distortion

Good Morning Everybody! Monday is weigh in day for me on my new Weight Watchers plan. It's been a month since Mom and Dad and I have been on this journey. I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 4.4 pounds! Whoooohoooooooo! And to tell you the truth it hasn't been that hard. (well except fot Jillian Micheals and her asskicking workout video from hell that I have been doing for the last 2 weeks) But honestly WW is awesome! I really feel like I am eating all the time and even splurging quite often and still losing 1 pound a week.

The main lesson I have learned is portion sizes. I've always heard people blab on and on about it. Like a chicken breast should be the size of your palm or a deck of cards blah blah blah. I just put what I thought was healthy on my plate. Boy was I wrong! Holy small chicken breast! Holy small steak serving! Holy small bowl of cereal! It wasn't until I bought a small food scale that I realized how really humongous portion sizes I was feeding myself for all my life! It's incrediable! Have you really and I mean really checked out how friggin small a real serving of grilled chicken is? I buy a regular size skinless boneless size chicken breast at the store (honestly nothing too big, I thought it was a healthy "diet"size) take it home measure it and then have to cut it in half!

After I cut in half and eat it I am full though. Honestly. So I guess the Portion People were right. Cut everything in half, you will be full and you will lose weight. End of story.
Love and Hugs

above image of trucker dude with Portion Distortion is from :http://www.upenn.edu/gazette/1103/images/gaz11.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment