Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We bought my wedding ring!!!!


College sweethearts Ashley and Aron Bruhn not only live together; the twosome also maintains Hither and Tither, a blog of their lives and adventures, as a pair. It's one of my favourite blogs and recently Ashely was asked to express a few words on what it takes to a build a solid relationship for Redbook and here is some of what she wrote:

1. Treat your partner as you would any best friend.

2. Don't romanticize drama. Your partner is someone you want to see happy, not hurt. So when you do fight, fight clean. You know their soft spots: Guard them rather than exploit them, and apologize when you're wrong.

3. Talk to each other. A lot. We go on plenty of walks together, which means quality conversation while we’re not multi-tasking on the internet or catching up between commercials. It’s a time to share dreams alongside mundane details of the day, a bit of juicy gossip, or maybe a joke.

4. It never hurts to hug or kiss when one of you comes into the room. As often as possible is best.

5. Marriage shouldn’t be work. I’ve never been a fan of that phrase. Yes, you have to care for it, tend to it. But with the right person, it should feel like fun!


We bought my wedding ring yesterday and it's beautiful! I can't wait to wear it and be Vince's wife. I hope I always treat him with respect and love as I would any best friend. I think that's great advice! Thanks Ashley!

Love and Hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment