Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I will have to exercise for the rest of my life! AHHHHH!

Oh Man. So I just bought the August issue of SHAPE and was reading a letter from a lady in Chicago. It goes like this:

Question: Over the past 3 years I've lost 50 pounds, thanks in part to doing 6 hours of cardio and strength training a week. Now that I'm at my goal weight, can I cut back?

Answer: We wish we could tell you yes, but exercise is just as important for keeping the scale steady as it is for losing weight.
A study of obese women who had slimmed down found that only those who continued to work for an average of 275 minutes per week were able to maintain their weight loss two years later.
"When you're thinner, you burn fewer calories all day long because you're not moving as much body mass around," says SHAPE advisory board member Wayne Westcott, Ph.D. and instructor of exercise science. "If you don't make up for that deficit, you'll gain weight."

Just Freakin' Faboulous! I have been exercising my ass off for a year and a half and I guess I will be doing it till the day I die! Blah Blah! :0) No, I can do it. Actually I don't mind exercising. I mean of course I would rather sit around eating big macs and chocolate semi-freddo all day, never having to move an inch and be a svelte sie 6. But welcome to reality girlfriend. I have to get up amd sweat and move once a day every day FOREVER!
Do you guys all love or hate exercising? Do you do it everyday?
Love and Hugs.

P.S. Now that the coffee has kicked in I'm gonna go do my Jillian Micheals Shred workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment