Saturday, October 2, 2010

You're off the list!


That's it! I have had the book Eat Pray Love on my book list for so long. At first I put it down because it was back in 2006 when my depression hit that public space. I could no longer contain it or hide it from people. It was affecting my every day life. When I started reading this book everything the author said about depression rang a little too true for me. The part where she says it feels like people coming univited into your mind and room. That they won't leave you alone just sitting there making you feel worse and worse. Then there was all that crying she did balled up on the floor. I just had to put it down. I wasn't ready.
I went back again and again as I got better and was finally strong enough to get through it. And you know what? It's kinda boring. I can't stand the way Gilbert explains everything so intensly. Mainly the origin of every word. Like really? Blah blah blah! I found myself skipping and skimming and trying hard to get to the next chapter. Even my love for food and Rome and talking about food didn't keep me interested.
I wanted to finish it. I thought it seems so like me I SHOULD finish it. Maybe it will help me?
But that's it. Too boring, too annoying! Eat Pray Love you are off the list!
Love and Hugs.

P.S. Did you see the movie? Apparently its pretty bad as it talks nothing of Liz's struggle through depression. (the main part of the book!) Hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment