Monday, December 20, 2010

Elizabeth my yoga teacher

One legged Pigeon pose or Eka Pada Rajakapotasana. This pose stimulates all your major organs and scared the crap out of me the first time I did it! I thought there was no way my leg would do that and I would surely break it! But no! Just a wonderful intense stretch!
The Plow pose or Halasana (It's meant to be held for up to 5 mins!) and will help you with:
  • Calms the brain
  • Stimulates the abdominal organs and the thyroid gland
  • Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
  • Reduces stress and fatigue
  • Therapeutic for backache, headache, infertility, insomnia, sinusitis
Warrior III pose or Virabhadrasana III improves your balance and posture (I used the wall behind me to balance myself.) I was sweating after holding this one for so long!
Eagle pose or Garudasana is really hard! I tried it out for the first time today and just managed to do the upper body part. It helps relieve:
  • Asthma
  • Low backache
  • Sciatica
Extended Triangle pose or Utthita Trikonasana feels soooo good on your torso! And it helps with:
  • Relieving stress
  • Improves digestion
  • Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
  • Relieves backache, especially through second trimester of pregnancy
  • Therapeutic for anxiety, flat feet, infertility, neck pain, osteoporosis, and sciatica

Tree pose or Vrksasana is so hard! It's part of our balancing series and requires intense concentration. It is also used to relieve sciatica.


I've started learning Yoga from Elizabeth at Yoga Intentions in Paceville right down the street. I don't know why I thought this was easy!? It's not. Yoga takes a lot of strength, concentration and will. I am loving the health benefits of cleansing my cells (detoxifying the carcinogens) and honing my brain (shutting up my aniexty ridden mind). It just feels natural to do this and fun. I like the challenge!
Have you guys been trying out any new endevors lately? I would love to hear!
Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment