Monday, November 21, 2011

Be- Panic Free

My parents will be here in 72 hours! I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to hug them and and just been in their lovely presence.

I'm also a little anixous because it means I'm leaving and will be getting on a plane for 8+ hours.

I had my first panic attack at 19 years old and haven't looked back. It's changed and can take on different faces such as fear of leaving the house to fear of speaking in front of strangers to fear of fear. Recently though the toughest has been a fear of flying.

I'm scared I will have a panic attack on the airplane and get up and scream and try to open the door (I'm been flying since I was little I know how to open that door!)  and freak everyone out and the pilot will have to make an emergency landing. Will I get arrested? Probably! And what's that gonna cost anyways like 10,00000 dollars? Will I punch the Flight Attendant if she doesn't let me out? AHHHHHHHHHHH! I start to feel so out of control and claustrophobic!
So I have been taking charge and doing what I can to help myself. This means meditation, EFT, pranic healing and scouring Youtube for helpful clips like this one:



and this one too:



The idea of confronting my panic and aniexty and asking for more has never occured to me and scares the shit out of me at the same time. I am usually just working at making it go away RIGHT NOW! But I can really see what's behind it and want to give a try.

Do you have panic attacks or aniexty or excessive worry? What do you do to help yourself? Please feel free to talk to me about it if you want, I am a completly judgement free safe sounding board.

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment