Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cooking Inspiration after watching Julie and Julia
















Yesterday Brittany, Mom and I went to see a double matinee of "The Time Traveler's Wife" and "Julie and Julia". They were both wonderful movies in their own right and we had a great time at the theater even watching the first movie in the V.I.P. room. The last movie we watched was about Julia Child's life in France and we were inspired to come home and make a feast. We decided to make a brushetta with all of mom's tomatoes from her back yard and for the main course we had BBQ'd trout with fresh thyme and lemon and grilled veggies. Mom made a yellow beat and green onion coleslaw to top the trout with. It was so delicious and I think Julia Child would have been proud. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.
Love and Hugs.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my... I need to live in TO. A double matinee? Wonderful, then that deicious meal? Are you kidding me? Well we had BBQ corn, soaked in water and cooked in the husk...Is that close to your cuisine? No? What a wonderful day you had...I am so jealous. I went to dads and cleaned up after the vagrants...when did they move in, or does he make all that mess. Found some interesting things from Easter in the fridge...Julie Child would wonder?? I am so glad that the Dodge family is together and having such a great time!! Bonne Appetite!!

    ReplyDelete