Thursday, November 19, 2009

Book Love


So I have listed the books I have read and finished and a few I haven’t to the right of this blog. I love reading book lists on other people’s blog like Simone’s. I am astounded at her list of “books read in 2009” It’s as long as the list of books I read in my lifetime. I came to reading late. I think I read my first book voluntarily when I was 22 years old? I always thought people who read books were so cool, but I was too lazy. Eventually all that laziness and jealously pushed me into reading something. It was the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. My new friend Donna Folmer was reading it and I wanted to be just like her. And so it started. I felt so good when I finished a book. It was like all the things I did in my past that I never finished and felt guilty about couldn’t touch this. I felt smart and started reading the book section of the Globe and Mail writing lists of books I wanted to read in the future. I started making mathematical equations of how many books I could read in one year and then for the rest of my life. (HA!) I then would record every book I read on a piece of paper and keep it in each book I was currently reading just like a player has a list of his/her sexual conquests. I think they do that right? Anyways…. That’s how I remembered and posted all the books on the list of this blog.
So if you get the chance to read through my book list and have any suggestions of future books for me to read or even want to share your lists or critiques of the books I’ve read I would love to hear them. (I'm looking at you Britt, your ferocious reader you!) Also there are a few questions in my book list that I need the answers to. Thanks guys!
Love and Hugs

1 comment:

  1. Dad reads the Sports section of the Toronto Star on-line every morning, does that count? Love ya, Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete