Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Taste Tuesday- Breizh cafe and don't forget the wine!


Our last Sunday in Paris felt like a crêpe kinda day and I knew just where to go, the ever popular Breizh cafe. I ordered a special off the chalk board that came with Fourme d'Albert cheese, noix and mache while Vince had the chorizo with a sunny side up egg. What you can't see is our dessert crepes that we inhaled before there was time to snap a picture. Sorry guys. But it was all the carmel buerre salé's fault. It's the best I've had in the city and I try to eat some at every sitting. No joke, you make something out of caramel buerre salé and I will eat it.


After lunch we wandered around window shopping and trying to take it all in. Soon it started to rain so we headed for shelter in one of our favourite covered passageways the Galeries Vivienne. It's a beautiful covered alleyway with shops and a few restaurants that was built in the 1800's to shield wealthy shoppers from the rain. Well we're not weathly but we certainly wanted shelter from the rain and a great bottle of wine from Legrand Filles et Fils. Legrand is a wine shop, tasting bar with a small gourmet épicerie in the front. We finally decided on a bottle of light Bourgogne and sat out in the galerie to people watch and drink away the afternoon. A well spent Sunday if I do say myself.
 

What about you guys? What are you cooking up this week or what special recipe did you taste last weekend?

Love and Hugs

1 comment:

  1. Crepes are one of my favorite things to eat... And I'm going to learn how to make caramel buerre sale before christmas! :) can't wait for you to try it!

    ReplyDelete